About Mensch Labs
We are a small team building tools to change the way businesses communicate with customers. We believe that businesses and organizations of all kinds benefit from connecting with those that they serve at a more personal and human level. Our product, Rep, combines customer context, machine learning, and a slick app that enables organizations to build meaningful relationships through mobile messaging.
Mensch Labs is founded by ex-Googlers with deep experience in messaging, personalization, and machine learning, and is backed by some of the top investors in Silicon Valley: Accel Partners, First Round Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and SVAngel. We come from a variety of backgrounds (so far there are six of us, and we come from four different countries of origin!). We all believe in hard work balanced with nurturing other parts of our lives. We all aspire to be a mensch.
product engineering internship (summer 2017, San Francisco)
As an intern at Mensch Labs, you’ll work on the core product and across the stack, taking features from idea to implementation. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our customers, leading ecommerce brands, and see first hand what it’s like to be at a rapidly growing SaaS startup.
During your internship, you might focus on:
- Modern web and mobile UIs that bring “consumer grade UI” to the enterprise, without compromising on functionality. You’ll use the latest frameworks (e.g. React) and technologies to build a fast and slick app for customers.
- Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing systems - for intent classification, question answering, ranking, and recommendations.
- Data storage, indexing, or messaging / pubsub services - to reliably power millions of conversations across dozens of communication channels.
We are based in San Francisco. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply. We offer a competitive salary, free lunch and a relocation bonus.
- Computer Science (or similar) students that are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s and graduating in 2018.
- Available to work in San Francisco for 12 weeks over the summer.
- Experience writing and shipping mobile / web software as a part of internships or personal projects.
Bonus points for:
- Background in front-end development using React and other frameworks to build single-page apps.
- Background in Machine Learning & large-scale data mining. Two areas we are particularly interested in are natural language processing and recommendation systems.
Drop us a note at email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn, a resume, or anything else we should know. We’ll get back to you quickly! Or, even better, send us a message via Messenger (m.me/getrep) or text us at 650.567.3724 with the word ‘intern’.