We are a small team building tools to change the way businesses communicate with customers. We believe that businesses and organizations of all kinds benefit from connecting with those that they serve at a more personal and human level. Our product, Rep, combines customer context, machine learning, and a slick app that enables organizations to build meaningful relationships through mobile messaging.
Rep is founded by ex-Googlers with deep experience in messaging, personalization, and machine learning, and is backed by some of the top investors in Silicon Valley: Accel Partners, First Round Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and SVAngel. We come from a variety of backgrounds (so far there are six of us, and we come from four different countries of origin!). We all believe in hard work balanced with nurturing other parts of our lives. We all aspire to be a mensch.
Join the founding team!
We're actively looking for builders — folks that want to contribute more than code. Your specialization is less important than your desire and ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies.
Our team might be right for you if you:
- Focus on project goals, not just the code being written.
- Enjoy learning from customers about their needs—and working closely with them to get the details right.
- Love to learn about and experiment with new technology, and share knowledge with the team.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
As an early engineer you will wear many hats. You might work on:
- Data storage, indexing, or messaging / pubsub services - to reliably power millions of conversations across dozens of communication channels.
- Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing systems - for intent classification, question answering, ranking, and recommendations.
- Third party data & API integrations - to allow businesses to be wherever their customers are, and to use the data they already have to provide a better experience.
- Modern web and mobile UIs that bring “consumer grade UI” to the enterprise, without compromising on functionality. You’ll use the latest frameworks (e.g. React) and technologies to build a fast and slick app for customers.
We are based in San Francisco and Seattle, but are considering both local and remote applications. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity and generous health, dental and vision benefits.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field with some industry experience (internships or a few years of experience out of college).
- You demonstrate proven ability to do full-stack development for web apps and/or mobile apps with cloud-based backends.
- You’re comfortable working across the technology stack to move features from concept to production.
- We care less about your experience with specific technologies and more about your ability to get up to speed quickly on anything new that’s thrown at you.
- You are able to work independently, but value frequent communication with other team members and customers.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with shifting deadlines and requirements.
- Background in Machine Learning & large-scale data mining. Two areas we are particularly interested in are natural language processing and recommendation systems.
- Experience building on top of and integrating with third-party Enterprise SaaS platforms such as Salesforce or Zendesk.
- Background or relevant practical expertise in security, in particular as it relates to third-party data integrations and PII data.
Drop us a note at email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn, a resume, or anything else we should know. We’ll get back to you quickly!